Home

Tuesday, 13 November 2012

Nano fail.

I had huge hopes for my first time nanoing. Big hopes. This month was finally going to relaunch me as a writer, instead of the flailing about I've been doing.

First day: wrote 1500 words! Booyah! Not the required amount, but definitely good where my writing is concerned. And then, life got away from me and I found myself extremely tired at night, every night in bed at 8.

Did a pregnancy test: realised where all this fatigue was coming from. I'M PREGNANT! Yes, it was a planned pregnancy. But my body was so out of whack since giving birth in December that its been sending me mixed signals. And now, finally, I'm pregnant again.

Early pregnancy comes with fatigue and scatterbrainess. It's a word. So there.
Which means trying to bring two ideas together to make a sentence, paragraph or page, dialogue, scene or whatever, is extremely challenging for me.

Still, I'm glad because I HAVE started writing again. My plot and characters are rolling around in my head, and it's a great feeling.

So, not nano fail, but nano win. And I can live with that <3 p="p">

1 comment:

  1. If it were a NaNo fail, it would be the best excuse for one ever. <3

    ReplyDelete

Public Spaces part two

It doesn't matter that no one reads me. Because you do. It doesn't matter no one understands me. Because you do. Somehow, This ...