Home

Sunday, 27 May 2012

Evermore

I do believe this is my first book review. Boo-yah!

I recently wrote about buying several books at a local bookstore and how giddy I was about that. I read the Darkest Powers series by Kelley Armstrong (amazing !!!!) and I just finished Evermore by Alyson Noël.

Not so amazing.

I mean, it might have been if not for Twilight. And the million other books out there. Seriously.

Girl is beautiful but hides behind a 'wall' of hoodies, Ipod and sunglasses. Gorgeous new student walks in, wows everyone with his perfectness and zeroes in on hoodie-loser. She flees, he chases, they fall in love and voilà!

Well, there's more to it than that but one chapter in, I knew how this book was going to end. If he said Black, I knew she was going to say White. And that's aside from the fact that the MC keeps mentioning how frickin perfect the dude in here is.

I literally forced myself to finish this story because I was hoping it would inspire me. Inspire me to write something better, that is.

It did just that, by the way.

I'm not one to go on rants. It just seems to me the author took the easy way out, instead of challenging herself to write something new, different and completely original. Yes, I know it's hard. And yes, I know it seems that everything's been written. But that's where putting your own touch, and your own twist becomes important.

If not... It's just another Twilight novel. Don't get me wrong. I adored Twilight (I truly did). But only the first time around. The rest of the pale copies can go lie down.

1 comment:

  1. You adored Twilight?

    I... I think I need to go and lie down.

    ReplyDelete

Public Spaces part two

It doesn't matter that no one reads me. Because you do. It doesn't matter no one understands me. Because you do. Somehow, This ...