Home

Sunday, 15 April 2012

Mommy post.

Liam just turned four months old. It's all going by too fast and my heart is screaming *stop!* Please stop growing. I'm afraid to blink, afraid I'll miss something essential, something I'll never get back.

How is it even possible to love someone so much? To know, without the shadow of a doubt, that you'd do anything to keep this little being safe from harm. That you'd lay your life down for him in a heartbeat. A mother's love is truly a powerful thing, I realise that now.

With my friend's help, I was finally able to establish a nap routine with Liam, which means he's actually sleeping during the day. I used to rock him to sleep in my arms, and if I tried laying him down, he'd wake up. So, he'd be up all day and all night and I was exhausted. (Duh).

But now... when he shows signs of being tired, I put him  in his bassinette, give him his pacifier and head out. If he's crying 10 minutes later, I go back in, give him back the pacifier, stroke his face and walk out. It works every time. And now I'm getting stuff DONE! My house is getting CLEANED!

And...I've started reading again! I'm almost done with the book Stardust by Neil Gaiman. I love it :D
I'm super excited to have begun reading again. Even while I was pregnant I wasn't reading much anymore... :(

SO! I should be back more often, hopefully talking about some progress I'm making with my writing. Wouldn't that just be awesome? :D

2 comments:

  1. Your happy makes me happy! :D And babies do grow up fast; I have four younger brothers, and especially with the last one, he seemed to spend so little time being little. Now he's nine and all the others are teenagers and bigger than I am, and it doesn't seem that long ago that I was changing nappies.

    And Stardust is good! I preferred Neverwhere, though--have you read that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read it but I'll definitely have to look it up!

    He's got an unusual writing technique, is it the same in Neverwhere?

    <3<3<3

    ReplyDelete

Public Spaces part two

It doesn't matter that no one reads me. Because you do. It doesn't matter no one understands me. Because you do. Somehow, This ...