And then there were none.

September of last year brought a big change for my fiancé and I: we had to get rid of our two cats. My doctor had said that she wouldn't treat my asthma anymore because the sole reason for it was my cats. Which meant I had to say goodbye to them.

It broke my heart, as well as my fiancé's. My cat, I'd had for 8 years; his for 6. The house was empty and Sam decided to go out and buy me some birds. I loved them. They were so cute and were easy to care for.

That was when we lived in our bachelor pad. But now? We live in a house and there's really nowhere to put them. They'd been in the baby room, but now we're cleaning it out to make it ready for the baby. And we have nowhere for the birds. I told Sam I wanted to get rid of them. He understood. After all, when the baby's here, I really won't have time for them.

But now, it's empty again in the house. *sigh*

On a happier note, we're getting the baby's room ready! I didn't want a theme room with cars or planets; I wanted something that would represent us and be as unique as our baby. Which is what my sister's striving to do. I might post pictures when it's done. Might *grins*

I'm six months in now....Time flies. It's frightening, the thought of the unknown. Sam asked me this week if the thought of giving birth scared me. Nope. It doesn't. What scares me is wondering what's going to happen afterwards. This isn't a neat little toy you can stick in a drawer when you're done with it: it's a baby. A commitment, for better or for worse. Till death do us part.

Now that is scary.

But we'll do our best, like billions of parents before us. We'll make mistakes, learn from them, teach them our morals and values and hope for the best. That's all we can really do, right?

Comments

  1. Ah Tanya I'm so excited and happy for you :) You'll make a wonderful mom <3

    -Lauren-

    PS definitely post pictures of the baby room when it's done! *demands* :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're going to be just fine. You definitely have that motherly instinct!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really wish I was as confident as you two are...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Starting anew.

On divorce.

I've discovered my spirituality.