Home

Monday, 6 June 2011

In over my head.

We'll be moving into our first house on July 2nd. We actually found the house less than a month ago. Do any of you have any idea what it is to pack up four years of appartment life, make phone calls to various important companies (electric, cable, internet and such), pack up, be pregnant and tired, and sleepy, and sleep deprived and hungry and. . . Ok, ok. You get it.

Point is, I used to be a multi-tasker who could do anything on her own. This new move is a lesson in patience and humility. I need help. I have to wait on other people. I'm just in the beginning stages of the pregnancy, Lord knows I need to be careful.

The thing is, the powerful brain I once had is now turned to mush. I rely on my agenda and post-it notes a lot more than I ever thought I would. Or could. If it's not written down, it'll be forgotten. Permanently.

But I'm missing the things that meant the world to me. Cozying in with my fiancĂ©. Reading. Writing.  I'm reading blog posts of authors I follow and my brain is drooling at the thought of reading their upcoming books. I just can't sit and read for now because my brain is too active. It keeps reminding me of the thousand other things I could be doing. Packing, cleaning, more phone calls.

*Sigh* Three weeks left. Then, maybe, I could go on with the essentials in life? :D

Tanya

2 comments:

  1. By essentials, I assume you mean me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. OF course! Who or what else could I possibly be referring to?

    ReplyDelete

Public Spaces part two

It doesn't matter that no one reads me. Because you do. It doesn't matter no one understands me. Because you do. Somehow, This ...